Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where is the baby?

Alex has now slept in his own bed every night for a whole week! Last night he slept from 9pm until 4am (for those of you horrible at math, that is 7 hours)!! He managed to sleep 6 straight hours the night before. This is wonderful and I couldn't be more excited about this, however it is a little hard for me to get used to, being that just a week ago he was sleeping in our bed and waking up nearly every hour.

I woke up both nights, didn't see the baby next to me, and shot right up in bed petrified I had lost or suffocated the baby in our blankets, smacked Andy, and asked, "Where is the baby?" He of course mumbles to me that the baby is sleeping in his crib, and he goes back to sleep, probably unaware this conversation has even taken place. He is good at waking up and talking and not knowing it, although a lot of times he doesn't make any sense and it is quite funny. I am sure that in a few days I will also get used to Alex sleeping on his own too - hopefully.

1 comment:

Billie Jo Henson said...

OH Steph, that is so wonderful! Im sure its hard to get used to but you will. You will get the sleep you need to keep up with your family now and your foot will get the rest it needs to! I know it was hard to do but good job!