Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally some sleep - for me at least!

Alex is finally sleeping in his crib now!! I feed him after his bath, tell him goodnight, and then lay him down in his crib. He has a Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium that hangs on the side of his crib that has a light and music and the fish move around. I turn that on for him and voila! - he falls asleep within 5 - 10 minutes! We've been trying for months and months and finally he is in his own bed!! This will be night #5 and we're so excited!!



He is a tummy sleeper, which may be why it has been so hard to get him in his crib on his own. I lay him on his back, but he immediately rolls over on his tummy to sleep. The pediatricians all recommend that babies sleep on their backs, but once they can roll over there is really not much you can do about it.

He is not sleeping through the night yet, but hopefully that will come soon as well once he is used to sleeping on his own. He usually wakes up again around 11pm or midnight and I feed him again. Then he is waking up around 1 am or 2 am, but we try and leave him to comfort himself and get back to sleep. If he can't, Andy gets up and changes his diaper and gets him back to sleep. He has been waking up around 5am and Andy once again gets up and brings Alex in our room and I feed him and then he usually hangs out in our bed until we drag ourselves out of bed. But this is a definite improvement and I'd be happy to get up at 5 am if we get him sleeping from 8pm to 5am!! But with my broken foot, Andy is the one doing most of the work now - but that is really nice for a change. He was a little tired after work today though!!

1 comment:

Bri said...

Awww... look at that cute little bugger! I love pictures of sleeping babies!