Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Six months!

Alex had his six month check-up this morning. We were supposed to be there at 9:20, but we were a few minutes late since we took the kids to preschool first, and then Andy to work. The receptionist had to call back and ask the doctor if she was still going to see us since we were late. I was ready to tell her, "I require 24 hours cancellation notice." I've had to wait so many times and for so long I wasn't about to let them tell me I had to reschedule. I think this is the first time I've ever been late for an appointment and it was just a couple minutes. It should be a two way street but it is definitely not! But we have a great pediatrician and she saw us. Alex is now 17lb 15oz which puts him in the 52nd percentile. He has been in the 80th percentile up till now, but she figures he is starting to get more active so this is normal. He is 27 1/2 inches - which means he is still up there for height - I think it was 78th percentile.

He did have 2 shots and a liquid vaccine, which he did not like very well. He only cried for about 30 seconds though, and he was back to smiling and giggling at the nurse.

No comments: